Vision and Values
We want everyone involved with our school to embrace our Mission:
Unlocking our Potential
We believe all children can unlock their potential at St Peter’s and we strive for every member of our school family to succeed and flourish with us. This belief is founded on our school vision and values:
Through our core Christian values of perseverance, compassion, respect and courage, we seek to empower and inspire a community of ambitious, caring and respectful children who have the faith and courage to positively impact our world.
With God, all things are possible.
These values were chosen by our school family and we aim to embody these Christian values in all we do. They guide us, ground us and bind us. Therefore every family from across our community, including those of different faiths and no faith, are welcomed at St. Peter’s and we are proud of our diversity.
Perseverance'Love always perseveres.' (1 Corinthians 13.7:)
- We are resilient and persistent - we keep on trying and never give up
- We ask for help when we get stuck
- We praise, encourage and admire the determination of other people
Compassion'Treat others as you want them to treat you.' (Matthew 7.12:)
- We think kind thoughts, say kind words and do kind things
- We serve one another and help people who are in need
- We share with others and include them in our games
Respect'Love one another as I have loved you.' (John 13.34:)
- We cherish diversity and are tolerant of different ideas and beliefs
- We are polite and well mannered at all times
- We remember Jesus' Golden Rules: “Love God” and “Love your neighbour”
Courage'Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.' (Deuteronomy 31.6:)
- We are brave enough to attempt something new or difficult
- We know we won't get everything right all the time, but we love to challenge ourselves and learn from our mistakes
- We do not ignore injustice and unfairness; we make good choices and do what is right - not what is easy or popular
“Let your light shine brightly for all to see. Let people see the good things you do and praise your Father in Heaven.”